The Rotary Club of Darien holds weekly lunch meetings every Thursday from 12:15 to 1:30pm at The Goose American Bistro and Bar, 972 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820-4508 // 203-656-2600
A typical meeting is a combination of social interaction and business related discussions, such as the status and updates to current projects related to civic, sponsorship and donation activities. We also schedule guest speakers over lunch. Some recent guests include the following:
- a visit from the 2013 Miss Connecticut (Ms. Kaitlyn Tarpey) to help us understand the causes she is committed to support, and how our Rotary Club could support her in reaching her goals;
- several financial planners who explained the pros and cons of reverse mortgages as well as providing guidance on one's ability to retire in comfort (and what to do about it!);
- entrepreneurs starting innovative new businesses: a chocolate business (Le Rouge Handmade Chocolates by Aarti) and an all natural tea-fused ice cream (Tea-rrific);
- a sponsor of the Toys for Afghanistan program explaining the impact of this initiative on needy and orphaned children;
- Darien Library leaders who described the extensive range and nature of their programs and offerings;
We welcome people who would like to tell their story at one of our weekly luncheon meetings. Please contact one of our officers with your topic, and if mutually agreeable we can schedule a date for your presentation.